Tuesday, December 11, 2007

First Ultrasound of Baby#2


Here's one of the first glimpses we've had of baby#2. It looks like the baby is healthy and growing well! I'm about 3 months now and I feel wonderful now that the first trimester exhaustion is starting to wear off.

Trying to explain to my brother Joel that I'm pregnant is a little bit tricky...our conversation went something like this...

-Joel, do you know that I'm going to have a baby?

-Where is it?

-In my tummy.

-Can I see?

(I lift my shirt up and explain to Joel that it's very tiny and inside of my tummy)

-Where is it?

-In my tummy.

-WHERE? I want to see it!

-You can't see it - not yet. We have to wait until summer to see the baby. It's in my tummy.

-WHERE?!?!? I WANT TO SEE IT!

After much persuasion, I finally manage to convince Joel that he has to wait to see the baby because I need to carry it in my tummy for a while. Joel then thinks for a while, walks over to the nativity display, picks up the baby Jesus, shoves it under his shirt and says to me with much determination:

-I'm going to carry baby Jesus in my tummy.

You do that, Joel. You do that.

5 comments:

arlene said...

Ha!! What a smart kid! Too funny.

Karyn said...

what better place to carry Baby Jesus?
And Baby Travnik is SO cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Vinjelu and Kathryn Muyaba said...

that is so funny. Kids are the greatest!

joker said...

He's so adorable...

Hey, I like your blog. I think it is cool... I will come back... Keep it up!

Do drop by my blog and have a look.

http://1jokeaday.blogspot.com

It will keep you laughing!! :)