Friday, May 11, 2007

Cozy Tea Cozies

Many of my best times with both my moms have been chatting over a cup of tea...so what better present to make them for Mother's Day than tea cozies?

For my fun-loving and vibrant mother-in-law, I picked some bright and equally fun yarn...

Before the felting process, the tea cozy was huge - large enough to engulf a small baby!

Into the washing machine it went to felt. Then, I added retro spider web roses...

Anyone care for a cup of tea?

...except, as the weeks went on, I grew to hate that tea cozy...it was just plain icky. I finally came across some colourful buttons and made flowers instead.

Ahh...much nicer.

Now, with two young boys in the house, I thought my mom might appreciate a soothing and calming colour like blue...

This tea cozy was also very large before the felting process, but not nearly as larg as the other one!
I embroidered a fern leaf on my mom's tea cozy...hopefully it will help her to relax the next time the boys get into trouble...


4 comments:

Grandma Farm said...

I love the colors! Have you ever thought of making one for your Mama??

Karyn said...

those are great, Ness! But I really love the photo of the baby legs sticking out of the bright colored tea cozy

arlene said...

Nessa, I can't tell you how cheerful my tea cozy makes me feel...it makes me SMILE every time I look at it!

I will spend teatime tomorrow happily sipping and grinning and enjoying the perfect cuppa.

I'm sure that when I'm an old granny and Liam is a big, strappin' lad, he won't believe he once FIT inside my favorite tea cozy!!

Grandma Town

Grandma Farm said...

Wow, that hint in February really paid off! thanks for the tea cozy, Ness, it is very soothing and has had many an opportunity to be used after the crazy antics of the boys!