Thursday, December 18, 2008

Domesticity

I've been feeling very domestic lately. It's probably the snowy weather.

Yesterday, I tried my hand at making some homemade crackers for Liam. They were a lot easier to make than I thought they would be and very tasty too. After his first bite, Liam announced that he "yuvs these."



Sesame Whole Wheat Crackers

1 3/4c whole wheat flour
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 c sesame seeds
1/2 c water
2 t honey
1 t salt

(you can omit the sesame seeds for just a basic whole wheat cracker)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, olive oil and sesame seeds in a bowl. Add honey and salt and mix thoroughly. Add water and mix until you have pie dough consistency (don't over mix or the dough will be too tough to roll out). Roll out dough to 1/8" thickness on some parchment paper. Score with a knife into squares. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until crackers are golden brown.

I found my edges were starting to burn and that the middle was still uncooked, so I broiled the tops of the crackers, then flipped them and broiled the other side to get the crackers nice and toasted.

Soooo good. Original recipe here.

3 comments:

arlene said...

Mmmmm...these look good. Tell Liam I yuv him!
grandma town

Dawn said...

Yum! I'm going to try this recipe ~ they look really good.

Dawn said...

I tried Liam's Yuv These Biscuits and I have to agree with him ~ they're really Yummy!