Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Anemoi Mittens



My mother-in-law found some yarn at the second hand store and asked me to make her a pair of mittens. I had to do some searching, but managed to find a pattern that called for fingering yarn. This was my first attempt at colour stranding and the first project I've knit only on double pointed needles. I think the results are pretty good! The only bad thing about these mittens is that they're a little long for her fingers, but we'll just say that I've left room for a manicure!

The mittens were very fuzzy and I found it hard to "read" the pattern. But that problem was easily remedied by taking Nialle's beard trimmer to them and giving them a little shave.

(Nialle, if you're reading this - please don't hurt me! I did it all in the name of fashion!)

I love how they look like an antique pair of Scandinavian mittens!

1 comment:

Grandma Farm said...

I think they look fabulous (darling)! Now, I need to know if I happen to 'find' some yarn somewhere would you knit me a pair?