Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Piece of History

Nialle and I made the neatest discovery today when we found out that the local antique store in town bought out an antique store in Doesburg, Holland. There are a lot of prints and postcards from Doesburg, not to mention gorgeous antiques!

Seeing as my family is from the town of Doesburg and my maiden name is Van Doesburg, I just couldn't pass these goodies up!



an old print of the town...
it has yellowed and has some water damage, but I think that adds to the charm!

a newer print (from 1989) - not an antique, but still beautiful
and my favorite, a postcard of the town of Doesburg from 1899 - it has a 2 1/2 cent stamp!



1 comment:

Grandma Farm said...

those are really neat, Vanessa! where do you have the pictures hanging up? Got to check out the place, too!