Friday, April 13, 2007

All in a Hard Day's Work

Our yard looked as though it had been neglected for a number of years...the hedge was well over 6' high.

(sorry the picture is so dark)


So today I rented a hedge trimmer and mowed it all down. I was hoping to employ Nethanel to help me, but he decided he would much rather shoot gophers (teenagers!)

So, Mom was gracious enough to come over and help me by watching Liam. Here they are about to go on a walk...don't you just love his hat?

With Liam being entertained, I was able to finish the hedge...looks a little rough, but leaves should help make it look nicer...

(The yellow thing is a kiddy pool the former owners didn't bother to take with them. I also found two dog toys, a pair of sunglasses, an empty whiskey bottle and a pile of grass clippings that they left behind in the snow! grumble)



After, it was time for me to rest my weary muscles and enjoy a cuppa outside with Mom and my favorite little man...
Thanks for all your help, Mom - I appreciated it!

4 comments:

Mike and Tor said...

Wow - Vanessa, I can't believe how big Liam is getting. Holy crow.
Where are you living? It's for sure not the basement suite you were in before - someone told me Wetaskiwin!??
The hedge looks great - I did my mom's hedge once and it was super crooked when I was done. I guess I was too busy looking at where I was at rather than the big picture at the time - but we eventually straightened it out. Yours looks great - good job!
Aren't helpful moms the best.

Karyn said...

I saw you outside today when I drove by to go downtown in Wetaskiwin. I would have stopped, but had an appointment and when I was done, I had to get home to help Daniel get "costumed up" as Groucho Marx for Youth Group. He looked great! I'm going to post a photo of him in his costume in a day or so - keep a look out.

It was a beautiful day for working outside, anyway.

arlene said...

Oh, he looks so big!! I can tell he had a wonderful day with Grandma Farm. And you got so much done, it looks fantastic.

grandma town

Grandma Farm said...

Oh, yes, it was such hard work!! Spending time with Liam, going for a walk with him, singing songs with him, and just having the day together. Such hard work!
Grandma Farm
ps. I'm available again for that kind of "hard work" at a minute's notice!