Thursday, August 21, 2008

Death of a Legend

Today I must say goodbye to an old, dear friend - my running bra. It's pathetic, really. I've had this thing for almost 10 years now and it was a hand-me-down from my sister in the first place. As of late, I've had to resort to wearing a regular bra underneath the running bra just so I could get enough support. Clearly, this thing was being held together by only two running bra molecules.



Why did I hang on to this thing for so long? I don't know! Surely not for sentimental reasons. I put off buying a new running bra for so long because I knew just how much a good one would cost - and with good reason. Today I finally bought a new bra and it almost cost me as much as a new pair of running shoes. But at least I know it will last me 10 years (I hope)!

Anyways, I'm off for a run in my fancy schmancy new running bra....toodles!

3 comments:

Grandma Farm said...

Even my hand-me-down from Amy doesn't look that bad. But look a true dutchwoman you'll probably let the new fancy schmancy one deteriorate to two molecules as well! You make a mother proud!

Vanessa said...

Aw thanks,Mom. I think I'm gonna cry...

creative sandwich's lovely proprietors said...

ROFL!! You are a brave girl Ness, posting a picture of your worst under garment here. I hope it doesn't spark a contest for the nastiest looking bra in the underwear drawer. Though I think you'd win...hehe
Congratulations on your new purchase! I'm sure your anatomy thanks you as well!