Friday, August 8, 2008

Dreaming



Do you have a dream? My latest is to live in an old stone farmhouse where I'd keep sheep on the rolling hills around me. I'd have a little shop in the loft of the barn where people could come to buy my homespun yarn, woolen items and take lessons in knitting and spinning.


Nialle would own his own restaurant. In fact, we could convert the barn into a seating area and we could serve people food right from the garden we'd have on the farm. I wouldn't be offended in the least if our patrons knit while they ate their dinners.



What d'ya think...should we do it? One day? Maybe?

What would you do, if you could?

3 comments:

Grandma Farm said...

Yes, you should definitely do it! And I have a suggestion on how to make it happen as it somewhat ties into my dream.
You can make it happen at our place seeing as we have lots of room for vegetable gardens and sheep to roam. An addition above the garage would make a nice shop and classroom area for spinning, knitting and the like. Your brother would come in handy for building it. A converted calf barn would be super cool as a restaurant for Nialle and his culinary skills.

This would all be possible because we need someone to housesit here while Dad and I are living out our dream!

arlene said...

Ah, your mom has it all figured out! Brilliant! I'd LOVE to see this happen Nessa. Dare to believe.

Karyn said...

Go for it, Ness....as long as you stay around here!