Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Smitten With Knittin'

I'm addicted knitting...the kind of addicted where you never get up to brush your teeth because it would take too much time away from knitting, the kind of addicted where you stay up until midnight saying "just one more row and then I'll go to bed", the kind of addicted where you'd opt for a cathetar if you could...

yes, I am addicted to knitting this sweater for Liam.

But can you blame me? The pattern is just so cute!

Here is the current object of my affections, sans sleeves and hood...I think it might be a while before the sweater fits Liam, but I'll make him wear it anyway - even if we can only see his little nose poking out from the neck.


2 comments:

arlene said...

It's looking very impressive!
Liam is one lucky boy.

I always wanted a hand knit sweater as a kid...one of those big heavy ones with a zipper and a picture on the back. But my mom was no knitter...and now it's too late. I'd look like a billboard in one!

Grandma Farm said...

You better make him wear it right away as he can grow so fast he'll have outgrown it before you know it!
Oma was a knitter but I never got to wear things like that. I always wished she would have taught me to knit socks but by the time I was of the knitting age, I think she was all socked out.
Being the oldest she had to knit alot for her younger brothers. I think she said she was knitting socks for them when she was of the tender age of 13.

BTW, I could think of worse things to be addicted to...

Grandma Farm