Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Days Are Just Full

When Nialle comes home from work and asks me what I've done with my day, I often reply, "Oh, not much." But, I never feel like there's nothing to do or that I wasted my day away. Liam of course, is the reason why my uneventful day often feels so eventful...

Nialle has been on-call a fair bit in the past weeks which means that I'm on shoveling duty. Liam is my constant companion during this task and quite enjoys a change of scenery...



Liam has adopted every pair of my shoes and proudly wears them around the house...


Liam enjoys baking with me (especially if he gets to lick the beaters)...


he also likes to pretend to bake muffins...


our tub is under repair so Liam has had to have his bath in the kitchen sink. He thinks his new venue is pretty cool!

Like most toddlers, Liam enjoys rummaging through our cupboards. He has become very skilled in this area and often makes off with various food items. At the end of the day, I often find tin cans in odd places around the house like under his crib and in the tub.

I've also discovered Liam drinking out of the red wine vinegar bottle. (He told me it was "yucky" so I don't think he'll do that again). The stealthy little turkey also unscrewed the cap off on the jug of canola oil and dumped it all over the kitchen floor today. That was a fun mess to clean up.

Yep, life with Liam fills up every day!

4 comments:

Karyn said...

The Canola Oil on the floor story reminds me of a very vivid memory I have of my first toddler (Robert) sitting in a pool of vegetable oil mixed with a canister of flour. Not a pretty sight.

Certain things should not be stored together within reach of a toddler.

Loved the description of your day, BTW.

Jan said...

Great account of your day! I can sooooo relate! :) Aren't toddlers fun?!

arlene said...

Imagine that times two! Well, actually I think two heads are able to make at least four times the "fun"! I can't wait for those blog posts! hehe

grandma town

arlene said...

Hey Ness, I just tagged you to play 7 things. The rules are on my blog.

mom t