Monday, July 7, 2008

Preggo the Grouch

I'm wholly and thoroughly grouchy. I'm now one week overdue and feeling absolutely pregnant. I really shouldn't complain because at 9 months I only just now feel pregnant. Most women have discomfort right from the very beginning. I don't.

But that doesn't seem to make me any less grouchy.

This kid has dropped in the past couple of weeks which has resulted in the sensation that there's a bowling ball between my legs. I can't bend over and get stuff done in the garden like I used to and seeing all those weeds is starting to drive me crazy.

And, as if I wasn't going to the bathroom enough already, now I have to go almost every 15 minutes because there's a huge head on my bladder. There really ought to be frequent pee-er points for pregnant ladies. I could have gotten enough points for a trip to Europe and back by now.



40 weeks and waiting...


Last night I thought I was in labour; I had regular contractions. Liam was shipped off to the MIL while my mom stayed back and helped me relax and time contractions for 6 hours. And then the contractions stopped.

And that makes me pretty grouchy.

I'm trying to be patient and wait for God's timing, but so far I'm doing a pretty miserable job of it all! I've got to suck it up and remember that one week past due isn't too bad either!


41 weeks and counting...

2 comments:

arlene said...

I was just going to post about how grouchy I am about having to wait so long for this Grandbaby! Hahaha!

But now, I have this atrocious head cold and could really use a few days to recover before I greet new-baby. So, ya, thanks for waiting!

(Grandma: backing slowly away from the angry pregnant lady...)

Karyn said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, Ness...a week overdue seems like 9 months overdue. I remember being angry every morning when I woke up in my own bed instead of in the hospital.

But, this too shall pass....

Thinking of you and restraining myself from calling to see how you're doing,
karyn