Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Along Came a Spider...

Nialle often recounts how for one whole summer a white spider with pink stripes lived in the peonies at his old house in Calmar. Just last night he was telling me this story again and mentioned how neat it would be to see another spider just like the one he saw that summer.

Imagine my surprise when as I was weeding today I spotted that spider. Well, probably one of the descendants of the spider in Calmar.

I don't particularly like spiders, so these pictures are as close as I get, folks. Every time I put the camera near this thing, it would wave some of its legs in the air menacingly. I think that if it could have had me for dinner, it would have!

A panicky shot I took. It turned out blurry, but you can kind of see the pink stripes.

Another crappy shot, but you can see the spider's 'fangs' in this one. Shudder.

2 comments:

arlene said...

Oh, the flower spider! He/he was a favorite pet in Calmar. Even I liked to go out and ceck on him, and you know how much I like spiders. (not!) Actually, I don't mind the at all if they stay out of my personal space.

Grandma Farm said...

Yuck! Did you have to stand on your head to get some of those shots? Not bad for a pregnant lady with a bowling ball hanging between her legs!