Saturday, October 11, 2008

Girls' Day

Liam went to Grandma Town's this Thursday and boy, was everyone excited! Liam was at my bedside at 6:30 am yelling and jumping up and down, "I SEE UNCLE JOSH AND UNCLE WEDI TODAY!" I was just about ready to jump up and down with joy too because this whole having two kids thing has really been kicking my butt lately.

Ada and I made the most of the Liam-free time by having a genuine girls' day. We opted for the deluxe spa treatment:

A soak in the spa bath. The 'jets' were even turned on at one point.

We had a mani-pedi (I clipped my toe nails and Ada's fingernails. Glamorous)


I ate Krap Dinner from the pan (to save on dishes, you know). I even contemplated drinking milk from the milk jug too.


Because we both had so much time to make ourselves look so darn good, we even had our portraits taken.


Took a video of Ada too



Other than a load of laundry and tidying up the house, I didn't do any housework. And in a symbolic gesture to all the cleaning I could have been doing, I knit the middle finger on my latest pair of gloves. Thanks, Grandma Town!

3 comments:

Karyn said...

good for you, to take it easy on your day of only one child! I'm sure Liam and Gramma and the uncles had a blast, too!

arlene said...

Aaahh..it looks great, but I think we had even MORE fun!
With today being sleep over day, you don't even have him waking you up at 6:30. I hope Ada wanted to snuggle with you so you could sleep in.
Liam is currently busy keeping Uncle Josh in line reading stories on demand.
Don't forget to go and vote today!

Grandma Town

Vanessa said...

Well, I'm glad you're having more fun than me - it makes it easier to send Liam over when I know everyone will have a good time. I did have a sleep in today...I even shut off the alarm in my sleep and, consequently, Nialle was late for work. Oops.